pause - it's what Selah is all about
Why take a gap year?
As high school comes to a close, the pressure to figure out what’s next gets intense. We are offering a new gap-year program for high school graduates looking for a chance to pause, reflect and discover where they are going next, why their faith matters and how they want to live in the world.
The Selah experience this inaugural year will be offered to both boys and girls and will be on T Bar M’s Lake Travis location near Austin. Selah offers young adults a new experience, time and support in a community that lives, eats, learns, and worships together.
Join others like you on a journey, to find real answers you can put into practice.
Preparing for life
T Bar M is passionate about building up the next generation of leaders. This program will be a great opportunity to cultivate new bonds and learn skills to launch them into the real world.
- Program designed for High School graduates ages 18-20 who have no college experience.
- Available for boys and girls.
- 8-month program from September to April.
- Holidays; Thanksgiving week, 3 weeks at Christmas and a Spring Break.
- Participants will be based on our Lake Travis property, living together in a fully furnished three bedroom house.
- All meals (3/day) are provided 7 days a week while the program is in session.
- Discipleship – We view discipleship as a daily practice in community living, with Bible study skills and real-life application.
- Personal Discovery – Work through an analysis of personal skills and giftings through a variety of testing and counseling sessions.
- Skill development – Develop marketable skills through apprenticeship construction, property maintenance, and typical camp readiness responsibilities.
- Community living – Living with others together and doing life with each other … there will be plenty of fun and excitement.
- Total cost for the 8-month program is $12,500
- A deposit of $500 is due once application is approved and accepted.
- Tuition of $6,250 is due by semesters (September 1st and January 5th.) Payment plans are available.
- Tuition also includes all program expenses except one mission trip in which funds are to be raised to participate.
- Tuition also includes exclusive Selah swag.
Email Keith Myer to begin the application process and he will guide you through the steps. Taking applications now.