Love God. Love each other.
Read about our story, our history and how T Bar M Camps and Retreats has grown since 1981.
The mission of T Bar M Camps & Retreats is to present Jesus Christ, teach His ways, and represent Him through an exciting, enthusiastic and encouraging camp and retreat experience.
Love God. Love each other.
Our story starts 40 years ago in 1981. T Bar M has been about loving God and loving others. You see it on the gates every time you come here. You sense it in the hearts of the people who work and serve here. When we step away from the craziness of life for a camp or a retreat, we fall deeper in love with God, we experience His grace in new ways, we rediscover our sense of divine purpose and we gain fresh perspective on how to love others as we enter back into our daily lives.
First, you can read about our core values. These seven principals are what our organization and staff lean on as we do ministry. Second, you can read about our statement of faith. T Bar M is not affiliated with one church or denomination. People with all different faith backgrounds are welcome. Third, read about our story and hear about how it all began from Jack Turpin. Jack is one of our late founders of T Bar M.
There’s a place for you.
We offer summer camps for families and kids of all ages. We also host companies, school groups and more on our property throughout the year. Come check us out!
Values we'll take to the mat
our core values
And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.
… Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves …
our statement of faith
what we believe
While we’re not affiliated with any one church or denomination, our staff does hold to a common statement of faith. Individuals from all types of faith backgrounds are welcome. In our camps and retreats, campers and families will hear the good news of Jesus Christ presented thoughtfully and lovingly each week. For those enjoying our property for a business meeting or conference, we desire to serve you following the example set by Jesus.
- All scripture is God breathed. The words of the sixty-six books of the Bible were written by men of God and moved by the Holy Spirit. The whole Bible is without error in the original manuscripts and therefore authoritative in all matters of faith and practice. (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:20-21)
- God exists eternally in three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, and these three are the one God. (Matthew 28:19, Deuteronomy 6:4)
- Man was originally created by God in His own image. Through sin, man fell and lost his spiritual life, becoming dead in his sin and subject to the power of Satan. Thus man is in need of salvation. (Genesis 1:27, 3:1-24, Ephesians 2:1-2)
- In response to man’s need, God the Father sent Jesus into this world to make atonement for sin. His substitutionary death on the cross and His bodily resurrection from the dead provide the basis for salvation. His atonement is sufficient for all, yet effective only for those who believe. (John 3:16-17, 1 Timothy 2:3-6, Mark 10:45)
- Salvation for man comes only by grace through faith in Jesus and His provision on the cross. Since salvation is a gift from God, a believer is secure forever. (Ephesians 2:8-10, Romans 11:29)
- The Holy Spirit indwells every believer at the time of conversion. His baptism unites all believers to Christ in one body. He is the believers’ source for all acceptable worship and service. (1 Corinthians 12:13, Ephesians 4:7-16, 5:19-20)
- It is God’s will for believers to live a holy life in cooperation with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit while putting to death the deeds of the flesh. God, the Father, does discipline His children. (1 Thessalonians 4:3, Romans 8:13, Hebrews 12:4-11)
- The primary purpose in the life of the believer is to glorify God in everything and to make Christ known to the unbelieving world. (Colossians 3:23-24, 2 Corinthians 5:18-20, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)
- That God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female, and that these two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Genesis. 1:26-27)
- That God created marriage to be exclusively the union of one man and one woman, and that intimate sexual activity is to occur exclusively within that union. (Genesis 2:18-25, 1 Cor. 6:18; 7:2-5; Hebrews 13:4)
- That all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life. (Psalm 139)
This belief statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Center for Christian Growth’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, our Board of Trustees is Center for Christian Growth’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.
Almost 40 years of loving God and loving others.
We started T Bar M in 1981 as a way to connect people more deeply to the love of God, through good old–fashioned play in the midst of the beauty of His creation.
Three decades and change later, we may have grown to over 350 summer staffers, added 120 more acres on Lake Travis (and more paint balls than we can count), and draw campers from Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, and states across the nation, but we haven’t strayed one bit from that mission.
Hear for yourself where it all began from our late founder Jack Turpin (The “T” in T Bar M)!
interested in working at T Bar M?
What we offer
A Place For You
Retreat at T Bar M
Connecting your people matters. Retreat centers in Texas for organizations to rest and relax in.
Come to Camp
Some call it camp…we call it home. So you’re looking for Summer Camps in Texas. For 40 years T Bar M Camps has been the home for thousands of campers, families and college students during the summer time. There are many summer camps in Texas to choose from so what makes us stand out? First,...
| Year-Long Program | Young Adults
JOIN THE LEGACY
Enjoy a Weekend Retreat
Give us a weekend and we’ll fill you up and send you back home refreshed and renewed. Family Weekend Retreats not enough? Come for a summer camp! Looking for something to do during the summer? T Bar M also offers summer Family Camp and camps for all grades and ages. Campers come from Austin, Houston,...