While we’re not affiliated with any one church or denomination, our staff does hold to a common statement of faith. Individuals from all types of faith backgrounds are welcome. In our camps and retreats, campers and families will hear the good news of Jesus Christ presented thoughtfully and lovingly each week. For those enjoying our property for a business meeting or conference, we desire to serve you following the example set by Jesus.
- All scripture is God breathed. The words of the sixty-six books of the Bible were written by men of God and moved by the Holy Spirit. The whole Bible is without error in the original manuscripts and therefore authoritative in all matters of faith and practice. (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:20-21)
- God exists eternally in three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, and these three are the one God. (Matthew 28:19, Deuteronomy 6:4)
- Man was originally created by God in His own image. Through sin, man fell and lost his spiritual life, becoming dead in his sin and subject to the power of Satan. Thus man is in need of salvation. (Genesis 1:27, 3:1-24, Ephesians 2:1-2)
- In response to man’s need, God the Father sent Jesus into this world to make atonement for sin. His substitutionary death on the cross and His bodily resurrection from the dead provide the basis for salvation. His atonement is sufficient for all, yet effective only for those who believe. (John 3:16-17, 1 Timothy 2:3-6, Mark 10:45)
- Salvation for man comes only by grace through faith in Jesus and His provision on the cross. Since salvation is a gift from God, a believer is secure forever. (Ephesians 2:8-10, Romans 11:29)
- The Holy Spirit indwells every believer at the time of conversion. His baptism unites all believers to Christ in one body. He is the believers’ source for all acceptable worship and service. (1 Corinthians 12:13, Ephesians 4:7-16, 5:19-20)
- It is God’s will for believers to live a holy life in cooperation with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit while putting to death the deeds of the flesh. God, the Father, does discipline His children. (1 Thessalonians 4:3, Romans 8:13, Hebrews 12:4-11)
- The primary purpose in the life of the believer is to glorify God in everything and to make Christ known to the unbelieving world. (Colossians 3:23-24, 2 Corinthians 5:18-20, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)
- That God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female, and that these two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Genesis. 1:26-27)
- That God created marriage to be exclusively the union of one man and one woman, and that intimate sexual activity is to occur exclusively within that union. (Genesis 2:18-25, 1 Cor. 6:18; 7:2-5; Hebrews 13:4)
- That all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life. (Psalm 139)
This belief statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Center for Christian Growth’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, our Board of Trustees is Center for Christian Growth’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.